“To develop workforce using occupational standards
for Thailand’s sustainable competitive advantage.”
To develop occupational standards in key economic sectors in cooperation with all stakeholders and drive the utilization of occupational standards to develop the country’s workforce.
To develop people’s competency according to occupational standards through innovation.
To develop the Recognition of Skill and Knowledge System for Professional Qualification and its transferability to Educational Qualification in order to enhance the Society of Life Long Learning.
To enhance the capacity To enhance the capacity building for the Assessment Centers to comply with international standards.
To be the database and information center system for Occupational Standards and Professional Qualifications for the development of the country’s workforce of all ages.
To establish an E-Workforce Ecosystem platform for the purpose of workforce database management and competency development through lifelong learning mechanism in Thailand.
Set and review occupational standards to keep up with the changes in technology which are internationally accepted, including the adoption of international occupational standards for the re-skill/Up-skill of workforce.
Create learning innovations to learn and gather competency according to occupational standards for career advancement and increase competitiveness at all levels.
Build an efficient and accurate competency credit transfer system to promote lifelong learning of the workforce.
Support assessment centers to have the capability for nationwide coverage which is internationally accepted.
Develop information technology system to ensure data is easily accessible, up-to-date and stable.
Provide accurate information of workforce at the policy level as well as a mechanism for systematically improving worker’s competency.
Set and review occupational standards to be in line with the context and direction of the country’s economic and social development for the development of workforce.
1) Set occupational standards and apply best practice to create occupational standards which correspond to the direction of economic development and the needs of both domestic and international labor markets.
2) Encourage to use the occupational standards to develop the country’s manpower.
Develop learning innovation to enhance competency according to occupational standards.
1) Develop innovations for learning through the use of electronic media and digital innovations.
2) Encourage relevant agencies to utilize learning innovations to develop workforce.
Recognize professional qualifications system with educational qualifications system to promote lifelong learning
1) Develop a mechanism to connect professional qualifications system with educational qualifications system in a concrete way.
2) Build partnerships with all sectors to encourage the connection between professional qualifications system with educational
Promote the values of occupational standards towards professionalism
1) Broaden cooperation network with relevant entities to increase the channel for competency assessment.
2) Build strength and confidence for certification bodies with international standards.
Develop the organization’s operations with information systems to manage the country’s workforce
1) Develop an integrated national workforce management system
2) Develop information center system for professional qualifications and promote its utilization
3) Position TPQI as a model for professional development of workforce and build public awareness about the available database on professional qualification services
Be an institution which focuses on the integration of cooperation between the private and public sectors in the development of quality occupational standards and professional qualifications and a trusted body for the dissemination of information on professional qualifications system and occupational standards and certification of a person’s knowledge, skills, andexpertise which is acceptable and can compete internationally.
Thailand Professional Qualification Institute (Public Organization)